Since I was close, why not get in another country? Getting to Luxembourg was only a three-hour train ride from Brussels, so I thought, why not?
Day’s highlight/learnings from Luxembourg…
- Names: Guillaume (gee-OM) is French for William
- Valleys: There’s a big one that splits the city in half
- Views: Thanks to said valley, it left for some outstanding ones
- Oldness: The original protective fortress was constructed in 963. Not 1963…963.
- Parks: There’s a giant one in the middle of the city that’s perfect for naps
- Shopping: Chanel, Louis Vuitton…if it’s high-end, it’s here
- Money and politics: With the EU headquarters and hundreds of banks, there’s a lot of both here
- Sunsets: They’re apparently amazing here, so I need to muster the energy to “make it happen”
My feet were kinda done with walking this day, so the hop on/hop off tour bus pretty much saved my life.