The Fab 5 includes a gaggle of gals who have been friends for 20+ years.
Despite many of our own travels with other friends, we’d never been on a trip together. It took some work and majorly advance planning, but we made it happen!
Thanks to AirBnB, we stayed at a cute house that was a short drive (or cab ride) to the hot spots in Austin.
We didn’t have much of an agenda, but we did stumble on some pretty fun spots that I’d definitely recommend:
- 6th Street: This spot is world famous for its music. We had a great time wandering this street, listening to music and enjoying a lot of libations.
- Food trucks: They’re EVERYWHERE in Austin. My favorite was the cupcake joint.
- Barton Springs Pool: A spring-fed pool maintaining a 68ºF temperature year-round.
- Handlebar: From Skee-Ball, to corn hole, to a bunch of other fun games, this was quite the bar. You could even make yourself PB&J sammies!
- Trudy’s Texas Star: Tex-Mex food and margaritas so dangerous, you can only have two! A bit out of the way, but it was definitely good.